Monday, October 1, 2012

EURO SPACE CENTER

Hi, folks!
This post is not about a vintage outfit or something linked to vintage... just about a fun day with my colleagues...


Once in a year, my bosses offer to all people in my firm a free day with fun activities and visits! This year, it was a visit to EURO SPACE CENTER in Belgium...


I really like everything about space conquest, that's so exciting! I was looking for learning more about that...


A new outfit and ...


the stars... here we are!!!!


Most of my colleagues are men... only 4 gals... but the best ones!
I have quite a man job, I am an engineer surveyor...


And here is our full team in front of Atlantis Orbiter scale 1:1.


First, we made a flight simulation to put a satelitte in orbit...


I was the commander of this mission....


I was in a dynamic simulator with my pilot... a girls team!


Our colleagues were in a control room...


I could not believe how much buttons there were in this kind of shuttle!!! Our mission was a success...


So we could experience a few steps on the Moon!!!!


Our body is 6 times lighter on the Moon than on Earth. You feel like a jumping kangooroo...!!!


I also made a balance test: 45s on a turning chair...


A really crazy experience....


There was a lot of stuff who belong to real astronauts.


The most frightening test was this one... yes, it's me inside! This machine simulates a uncontrollable shuttle entering into the atmosphere...


The most difficult part was to have to draw while turning in this crazy machine!!!


We also learnt a lot about constellations and stars in a planetarium.


Outside, there were many true and replica from space conquest...



Here is the famous Spoutnic...




We finished our day with a Russian restaurant...


to honor space pionners of course!!!


We spent a nice evening...


Trying all style of russish hats...


I only drank one Vodka glass...


but my colleagues enjoyed the full bottle...


Have you ever visited this kind of space center?
Do you often make fun stuff with your colleagues?








8 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but I don't like space or science, but that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! That is really nice you company does that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks like you all had a great time. What a cool way for your employer to arrange this for you. Great photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like you had loads of fun. So many cool things to discover. And I love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so, so fabulously cool! What an amazing experience! If I'm ever in Belgium, I definitely want to visit this awesome space centre.

    I know you said it wasn't an outfit post, but I love your jeans, cardigan and snood outfit all the same - very, very cute and perfect for a hands-on day like that.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been to the space center in huntsville alabama but we didn't get to do all that fun stuff! you are lucky to work with such a fun group of people! that looks like an amazing work outing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like alot of fun. I live close to the Kennedy Space Center, so of course I've been there a few times. It is fun too, but since it's more crowded you don't get to try out the fun machines! There is another place nearby called the Astronaut Hall of Fame and my husband and I got to go on a centrifuge machine there that was crazy! My poor husband was really sick from it, but it was kind of neat to me, even if nauseating.

    ReplyDelete