In the same day, I can shop in 4 countries!!! My favorite flea markets take place in Belgium and in Germany. It's a lot of fun to be able to do that because you can find so many different items depending on the country of manufacture. In the 40's-50's, each country had its own design for furniture, for dishes, for household appliances... No worldwide design like today!!!! I really love german modern design in everything, it's so atomic!
We have just come back from an amazing and huge flea market in Germany the trunck full of goodies!!!! What a pity that I can not speak better german... but english is really helpfull. We live at just a few miles from the border but french can hardly speak german and the same for german people!
|After few hours|
|My biggest regret... Made by Cortendorf in|
the 50's but its seller asked me 200 euros...
unfortunatly too much for me!
|My husband biggest regret...Really amazing|
plants table from the 50's! Price was high
and condition far from perfect.
|Buying or not some more 50's magazines????|
So here is some pictures of our treasures hunt! Just display as found, some cleaning will be usefull for some objects.
And here is the list of what we bought:
- 1 woman glasses from the 40's
- 1 woman glasses from the 50's
- 1 fur purse-muff from the 40's
- 1 snake purse from the 50's
- 1 50's hat
- 1 40's hat
- 2 brooches from the 50's
- 1 red set (necklace and earrings) from the 50's
- 4 really fun egg cups from the 50's
- 5 atomic glasses from the 50's
- 1 50's electrical coffee grinder
- 1 speaker from the 50's
- 1 bottles holder from the 50's
- 1 Christmas tree light from the 30's
- 3 small 50's dishes
- 1 larger pot from the 50's
- 2 kitchen furniture from the 50's
- 2 small 50's "tripod" table
- 2 50's wall lamps
- many spool of thread may be from the 70's
- 1 50's pot for mustard
- 1 50's hawaiian pot
- 2 50's sugar bowl
- 1 set of lucite fruits knifes
- 3 50's clothes hanger
- 4 40's hair clips
- 1 tray from the 50's
Nothing we plan to sale, just all for us to add to our huge collection of vintage items!!!! You must think "They are crazy!!!". Yes, it can be... but so happy to be!
And what about you? Do you love Flea Markets? Are they fun in your area? Do you buy a lot like us?