Thursday, November 7, 2013

ON and... UNDER water....

Here is our second day in Venice...
 
 
But the weather was worst than the past one...

 
So I have to find a solution for my outfit....

 
I brought one per day but only one pants.

 
Impossible to wear peep toes wedges or a skirt/dress...
so wet and windy...


So I only changed my scarf turban, my sweater and my accessories...

 
I was a bit dissapointed to not be able to wear the dresses I planned but just for a few minutes...

 
Venice is so AMAZING even under rain!

 
We spent 6 days there...

 
we travelled with RYAN AIR, so plane was cheap...

 
but I must tell you that it's not a cheap city, hotels and restaurants are quite expensive!

 
We were amazed to see such big ships so close to this fragile city...
 
 
I'm pretty sure that it's not good for this old lady!
 
 
Here is Sylvain and his mother...
 
 
in front of the Grand Canal.

 
I had the good idea to bring with me one of my vintage umbrella, really usefull!

 
With 6 days, we had time to visit a lot of places and museums...
 
 
but what we enjoyed the most was to get lost in all those small streets!
 
 
All details were really enjoyable!
 
 
Look at this door handle!!!
 
 
We saw some strange shoppes...


 and met fun artists! 
 
 
What is really great about Venice is that's a place without cars!
 
 
But my husband could compensate this lack with some other motor vehicules...
 
 
We saw some really beautiful boats!
 
 
Do you know what is Aqua Alta in Venice? 
 
 
It's when a part of the city is under water...
 
 
This happens usually not before November...
but we were lucky ... or unlucky... to experience that on San Marco place!!!


 
 And finally weather became a bit more friendly...
To be continued...
 
What did you enjoyed the most if you have already visit Venice ?
Which other city would you like to visit ?
 



5 comments:

  1. Ahh Venice..! I love it, is it such a magical place! I was there few years ago with the family, I really loved all the buildings.. I'd love to go there again with my sweetheart, it would be so romantic place to stay for few days:)
    You look awesome, I love those trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos make me want to go there. My boyfriend has been to Venice twice, but always without me. I hope that I will be able to go there soon, it has to be such a lovely city.
    And those large ships really cause many problems in the city, not only the size and vibrations, but also the pollution. Now they are on the way to ban the largest ones from the city, I hope this will help to preserve this beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I completely agree, that is a striking juxtaposition between the hulking, humongous cruise ships and the (by comparison) gentle, delicate old buildings of this majestic Italian city. Great job of capturing and documenting that.

    I'm sorry that you were rained out that day. I love your on the fly outfit. I most likely would have reached for something very similar (if I had the pieces with me) in that kind of unexpectedly damp weather, too.

    I'm so enjoying these gorgeous photos of my husband's home country (though he's from Rome, not Venice). Thank you for sharing them.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. One of these days I must visit Venice.
    -Emily

    Emily's Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
  5. It flooded when we were in Venice also! So crazy to see all of San Marco under water! We had to buy boots just to get back to our hotel. ;)
    But you look fabulous! I'm headed to rainy cold Portland next week, and was wondering what I could wear- Inspired as always by your great fashion!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete