Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer autumnal day...

So we are back into the blogging world!!!


I didn't have time to select all the pictures from our trip in Europe the 2 first weeks of August.


So you will have to wait a bit to see more about our vacation.


Since we went back, we have had the worst summer weather ever...


It's like fall in august...


Rain, cold, it's not possible to go out without a coat or jacket!


These pictures are from last week-end, would you believe it's summer?


I don't like really hot weather, but I will not be against a bit more sun...


Here is the outfit I chose for this summer autumnal day.


40's total look with my favorite mid season coat.


This vintage beret is really unbelievable!!!


I bought it in Paris in Falbalas, see here.


This 40's set comes from the same shop.


I could not believe it when I try it on, just perfect!


It's like it was made for me, exactly my size in bust, waist, hips...


A lovely color between pink and purple, so classy!


Some black accessories and I got so many compliments!!!


Did you notice these sexy retro heels?


They are from Miss L Fire... yes, another one... yes, I'm addicted... I bought them on sale, they are so comfy and finished this look perfectly!!!!


Have you seen their new AW14 collection? I have already ordered my favorite model!


My husband has already let his hawaiian shirts to go back to wool jackets and vintage ties...


But that's his favorite look!


Pictures without sun are always a bit sad...


We went to some flea markets just before this shooting...


we didn't go to many these summer because it rained almost every week-ends!


Sylvain found this nice 40's fedora in vintage shop in Amsterdam.


What I like on my outfit of that day is I could find a way to wear 3 brooches!


I really love vintage broches.... I cannot believe that nobody wear them anymore...


Plastic, lucite, celluloid, resine or bakelite are my favorites!


If they represent animals, I can not resist!!!!


How was the month of August for you?
Do you wear brooches a lot? What kind?

FRENCH CORNER
Nous voici de retour dans la blogosphère!!! Il faudra un peu patienter avant de pouvoir découvrir les photos de notre petit tour en Europe début août. Voici quelques photos du week-end passé... nous avons eu un temps abominable depuis notre retour, c'est déjà l'automne, on ne sort plus sans une petite laine... bien triste! Sylvain a laissé ses chemises hawaïennes au placard et j'ai ressorti les manteaux! Le chapeau et l'ensemble que je porte sont des trouvailles récentes lors de notre escapade parisienne. Le feutre de mon chéri est un souvenir d'Amsterdam lors de nos vacances. Pour les broches, le plastique, c'est fantastique... et si elles figurent des animaux, je craque... 3 dans une même tenue, j'ai fait fort!!!! Et vous, portez-vous souvent ces petits trésors oubliés?
- Bonne rentrée -

14 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm so glad your back!! Wow, I can't believe what cool weather your having. Long Beach, CA has been humid and hot. The humidity has been the most surprising. Usually, we have a dry hot heat, but this year dripping wet...Yuck! I've had to keep all my vintage cotton attire available and ready to wear. I'm a little tired of the heat though, I'm looking forward to layering my cloths once again.
    Laurence, I love your outfit. 1940s is getting harder to acquire as time goes on. What a score to find such a lovely dress in your size. I love brooches and wear them regularly. I love floral brooches with shiny colored stones. XOXO LisaO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a rather chilly, fall like August for the first half or so but then it decided to make up for it with extra hot humid weather last week! Hopefully, we'll get back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits look lovely! I'm so jealous of your cool weather! It's been so terribly warm here in Southern California!
    The dog brooch is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. August's weather was rubbish in England too though it seems warmer now that it's September... Love those Miss L Fire shoes! I bought some boots from their A/W collection too! I don't want it to get cold anytime soon but I'm also looking forward to wearing the boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...your brooches! And your shoes! So lovely!

    xoxo Perlchen Noir

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather has been horrible here in Britain too - as you say, it's like autumn in August. However, your outfit looks lovely despite the weather.

    I've got my eye on a few of the AW Miss L Fire shoes, but I can't afford them right now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, this august was like fall. horribly cold!!!!
    you both look fabulous as always! ... but your 40s outfit is absolutely breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooches are an absolute must, and massively loved, accessory for me. I'm allergic to the metal nickel (big time!), so I have to avoid a lot of jewelry, be it vintage or modern if it's made from metal (unless I know for sure it's nickel free, say as with most sterling silver and gold that's 14K or higher), however because brooches don't usually touch my skin, which is protected by my clothes and undergarments, I can usually wear any type with out running into trouble. My brooch collection grows and grows every year and now totals over a 100 (many of which are vintage and nearly all of which look the part if they're not true vintage).

    Sophisticated, fabulous looks, both of you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnifique tenue!
    J'adore également les broches, elles "finissent une tenue".J'ai aussi une préférence pour les broches "plastiques", surtout quand elles sont assez volumineuses. Et les 3 de votre tenue sont super... Non non, ce n'est pas trop!
    Chez moi,en Normandie les "dimanches à chiner" ont aussi étaient très rares (pluie,pluie et pluie!...grrr!). L'une des rares foire à tout intéressante que j'ai pu faire était d’ailleurs au petit village où vous avez séjourné!
    Allez, courage, on reverra bien le soleil un jour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely splendid, that dress was really made for you! We've had some of this sad cool summer weather, but I guess the clouds heard us complaining because it's been hot and humid for the last few weeks! For my part, fall can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am actually jealous of your cool weather too! Where I live in Florida it is very hot and there is no relief in sight for probably two more months. I love your outfit in this post. That little pony is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely brooches, especially the dog on that great bag. I wear brooches every day and have a pretty good collection. At the moment I am really liking my floral china ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have also had autumn in August, I'm sad summer is already over. Go tell Sylvain it is a fabulous watch. And I love vintage brooches just as much as you do, and don't understand why they are not worn anymore. It is so easy to pin it on, so I always wear one. Lovely dress. :)

    ReplyDelete