Thursday, January 22, 2015

50's vs MIDDLE AGE !!!

One more round of WINTER vintage clothes...



I have already mentionned how difficult finding a good shooting place is.


Most of the time we want to find places with no modern car...


no modern building,


 not crowdy...


and believe me, it's becoming harder and harder...


a lot of buildings have been modernized and cars are everywhere!


So for this shoot, we chose a medieval place...


it's called the Germans' gate in the city of Metz.


It's a bridge castle from the 13th century...


most of the fortifications of this city were demolished,


 but the part was saved in the XIXth century


 and was restored a few years ago.


You must think but why such a nice place is SO empty?


Just because it was SO cold and windy!!!


Nice COSY 40's coat to be kept warm...


I also wore this vintage brooch,


it's in fact a medal from the french school of ski!


But definitively not my ski level, I'm so bad skying...


I like to still wear some flowers on my hair for winter....


they make me think that spring will come after those crazy cold days!


But for now no fancy heels, warm boots that's all!


It's in such period that I wish to live in a warmer place...


but vacations under the californian sun are not so far...


I don't know why men don't wear ties anymore...


It's perhaps not so comfy during summer,


but for winter, it's so elegant 


and give a fun color touch to every outfit!


A lot of my readers mentionned to me how lucky I am


 that my man shares the same love for vintage!


Of course I am!!!


This 50's wool dress is pretty new to me.


It has a touch of orange in it.


A perfect match with that 50's rust umbrella.


It's pretty simple, but look at that holder...


A gold treble clef!!!


Perfect for "Singing in the rain..."


Jezzy my cute Jack Russel from Erstwilder is like a ghost on this picture...


 it's matching my large lucite bangles!


How do you choose your shooting places?
Do you share you love of vintage with your man ?


FRENCH CORNER
Pas facile de trouver des décors intemporels pour nos petites séances photos... on ne se rend pas compte à quel point nos villes et campagnes ont été "polluées" depuis les 50's, les voitures sont partout, les bâtiments ont souvent été modernisés avec plus ou moins de goût... Bref, voici ce que nous avons trouvé comme décor pour cette fois: la Porte des Allemands à Metz. Datant du XIIIe siècle, elle est l'une des dernière de ses fortifications encore en place, sauvée au XIXe, elle a été récemment restaurée. Le froid glacial avait totalement vidé l'endroit!
Encore des couches de vêtements en laine... on a vraiment envie que le printemps arrive... heureusement nos vacances sous le soleil de la Californie ne sont plus très loin!
- Bises glacées - 


11 comments:

  1. That wool dress is so lovely and looks very cosy! I'm quite lucky as my guy loves the 1950s too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta robe est sublime ! :)
    xx
    Lorna

    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always I love your outfits. And I love your coats, this one being no exception. The skiing medal brooch is a cutie, and I also like men wearing ties. Whenever hubby asks me if he should wear a tie or not, I always say YES! (so why ask?) ;) Did you two meet and fall in love because of your shared passion for fifties style, or has it developed over time? I would love to read your love story. :) My husband is not into vintage, but he loves my style and is quite classic dressed himself, so he is OK. ;) Wishing you both a nice day, it is damn cold in Denmark too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys always look amazing. I love your husband's ensemble - very sharp - and of course you are perfectly coordinated as well. The first photo of you with your umbrella, when you're opening it, is really cute. You look quite mischevious.
    I like shooting in quiet places, usually my back yard against a weathered old fence, or in an alley against a brick wall. I love your medieval setting, though, I imagine all the tourists in the 50s would have looked as nice.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I have this identical coat, down to the collar, cuffs, color and buttons! I love it when that happens! I I bought mine in Ottawa, Canada. You've inspired me to pull it out of the closet again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously lovely images and outfits. I'm smitten with the handle of your umbrella. I've never seen one, vintage or contemporary, quite like that before. What a splendidly cool detail!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comme d'hab vous êtes superbes tous les deux!
    Sur certaines photos vous me faites un peu penser à Mary Poppins! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm rubbish at choosing places for shoots, I usually just use my house. Your trips are much more interesting, and you show us so many lovely places in France.

    My husband's not into vintage clothes, but he does like 1950s stuff - he's been into it since the 1980s when he was a boy - and so we overlap. And he loves old movies too. It's great to be able to share things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. les fleurs dans les cheveux en hiver, quel plaisir pour les yeux! vous êtes vraiment la reine des accessoires. magnifiques tenues tous les deux

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, i'm also rubbish at choosing places to shoot my outfits. this never ever worked out ... and my man has a quite shaky hand .... so i stick to the stairwell outside the door of our flat and a trustfull tripod. ;)

    but you two are the best in finding wonderful photo sets to share your amazing outfits with us. thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the pops of orange in your outfit! The photo of you flying away with the umbrella is adorable. I love looking at vintage ties, Mel has one with very similar colors to the one Sylvain is wearing.

    This is about the time in winter when I sorely wish for warmer months too. I'm tired of wearing layers and layers, wool sweaters, hats, boots, ugh! But as always you two deal with it in such style. :)

    ReplyDelete