Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A casual sunday...

As I have already told you in one of my previous post, I don't wear pants a lot.


But sometimes nothing can compared to comfy pants!


Same for my husband, he quite never wear jeans and I think he only have 2 pairs...


So if you want to look stylish even in pants, you must choose the perfect accessories!


A cute brooch, a girly blouse(that I remember buying in a vintage store in Manhattan about 10 years ago) are a mustin order to not look boyish!


This sweater and these belt were simply thrift!


Some bakelite bangles, all found in flea market for a few euros because I don't want to spend a fortune on these kind of bracelets.... I cannot understand people who can buy a "plastic" bracelet hundreds dollars ...


So what else for a good style while wearing pants?
A 49er Pendelton jacket of couse!!!!



I chose all my outfit thinking to wear this scarf with red and yellow roses found a few weeks ago in a flea market....


I didn't wear a turban hair style for a long time and it's quite hard to associate so much colors (white, yellow, red, black and gray) so I was pretty happy to see how it turned.



Black and white shoes and purse from Ebay ... and I forgot the pants from Freddies of Pinewood!


Let's speak a bit more about our male top model... :-)


He was wearing an University Jacket from the late 50's, those kind of campus clothes are easy to date due to patches on them.... here '58 and '59!


This jeans is a french repro from PARADIRAMA.



I definitively love red even on him!!!! What a nice 50's pullover....

Are you more pants/jeans or dresses/skirts ?
Will you be interested with one of my turban tutorial ?




16 comments:

  1. I love this look on you! Soooooo cute! I definitely have blouse-envy... all the details and colours are so pretty, c'est magnifique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jacket !! And the mocassins !! So stylish !! I really love the "casual" 50s style, sporty but chic !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both just look darling, I love the varsity jacket your husband has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great outfit. I love that sweater and the way you wear the poodle brooch with it. Great use of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see a turban tutorial, I just can never can get it right so I rarely try that style.

    I adore this outfit, the yellow cropped sweater is perfect with the pants and the 49er! Those are my favorite light jackets (well, light for here). I go in phases of wearing more pants or more skirts/dresses, right now I haven't been wearing pants out much but I usually wear repro jeans when I'm home being casual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo fantastically cute, cozy and stylish! Love both your outfits, and can relate to the fact that you don't wear pants all that often (as I rarely do either - I think it's been two months or more since the last time I did). My husband isn't a jeans guy usually either, and I think he has even fewer pairs than your dapper chap does (I believe there's one pair of blue jeans wayyyy at the back of Tony's closet and that's it; usually he wears dress pants or Dockers type pants).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, you both look fabulous!! You make pants look downright stylish!!

    I don't wear pants too much either. But it's funny, I often end up putting much more effort into my outfits when I wear pants, because I feel the need to accessorize like crazy to keep 'em from being too boring!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just love the vintage casual look! It's so overlooked! Those pants are just marvelous!! And you really can't go wrong with a 49'er!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous outfit!!! which model of Freddies are your pants.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the model called "Black casual".

      Delete
  10. good ladies pants are hard to find. especially for me (waist 70 cm / hips 101): no pants fit me right. even those two 50s style pairs of pants i own and that fit on the hips and waist at the same time, i have other issues with. those are a little too short. ;)
    your pants look awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg you both look amazing! I love all the girliness you added your outfit! I will be purchasing a pair of freddies jeans soon so I cannot wait to experiment with the look of jeans!!! I also love the blouse! What a gorgeous find! Beautiful post! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of you are the cutest vintage couple ever!! I love how well you both complement each other. Hope you can follow the husband and I too. You are a great inspiration.
    I am in love with your casual looks.

    http://thepocketsizewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute- you are terrific at putting together outfits. I especially love the top and would love to find one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your cardigan, the light yellow suis you so wonderfully! And Sylvains university jacke is a cool thing too. I have a big thing for yellow.
    I can´t decide whether I prefer dresses or pants, it depends on my mood I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow it's perfection :-) I can only hope to become as stylish as you. Love the accessories and I can really se how they completes the outfit.

    ReplyDelete