Saturday, February 18, 2012

CHERRIES and UMBRELLA...


After cold... rain!!! I'm really fed up with this winter and hope sunny days will be soon here.


So the best thing with rain is that I can go out with one of my vintage umbrellas! I found this one a long time ago, it's in a nice mint color with handpainted flowers.


You can better see here the modern boots I found in a local store in December... My favorites for this bad winter with a nice retro look.


When it's raining I definitively need some funny accessories to give me a better mood. So I pick up a nice cherries necklace....


and a crazy 40's hat! I really love those kind of hats, first you think "What a ridiculous hat!" and after wearing it you will fastly become a fan and think "What a cute hat!".


The cherries necklace is not a real one from the 40's... I cannot afford $500 for one so it's just a reproduction made with bakelite and resine bought $40 on Ebay a month ago. I put also some cherries on my bag...


Oh! I forgot to speak about my dress. It's a french 40's dress made of wool with green and white small stripes. I found it in a car show about 5 years ago. I really love the fake pockets!

Do you love rainy days?
Do you use vintage umbrellas?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you look amazing! That umbrella is to die for!! I agree, the silliest hats are the best hats :) I love rainy days. If it's warm, I like to play in the rain (with my vintage umbrellas) and keep the windows open all day so I can smell the rain throughout the house. If it's a cold rain, I like to snuggle inside in my pajamas and knit or watch movies all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cherries, of course, and the hat is so sweet. The dress too! Rain here is always torrential, and makes for greater humidity - umbrellas do little, so I try and stay inside, or just give up and get wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And a very uplifting look for a rainy days- visual vitamins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful dress.You look great.That umbrella is very pretty.I always look for vintage ymbrellas but they are either faded or in bad shape to use.Love your hat such a pretty vibrant red.love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your whole outfit and it looks so cute with the umbrella! I love the bag and the little cherry on it, so cute! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete