Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My VALENTINE....

I think all of you know which day we are, isn't it? So let's speak about LOVE....


Those kind of colorised postcards were really popular during the first half of the XXth century in France. I love to look at them in flea markets, they are really kitch but also so cute mainly if you read the back of those cards, they replaced our Facebook or even phones... Just to give a "rendez-vous" behind the church or to ask a girl to marry you... so ROMANTIC!!!

So I choose to speak a little more about the love of my life... my husband!!! I don't know if I have ever write his name on this blog... so it's SYLVAIN!!! We met 16 years ago when we were students... Time flies...

I will share some pictures of him that I really love.


Did I really marry a Hollywood Star ?


Judging this picture probably YES...???


Unfortunatly not... but a real estate seller!


Of course he love vintage houses, mainly modern architecture...


But his greatest passion are for vintage cars for sure... perhaps sometimes more than his own wife!!! He can look at nice hot rods but...


what he prefers the most is classic cars without any customisation... his second biggest interest is vintage appliances and mainly VACCUM CLEANERS!!!! He own more than 150 vintage ones from the 20's to the 50's..........!!!!! I must make a post about that one day....


What I love the most about him is his funny side, always like a clown making some really fun stories!!!


Always optimistic even in the worst situation!!!
 My complete oposite....


He love animals and kept a really childish side... probably like every men, isn't it?


As a lot of you have already noticed he love vintage clothes as much as I am and wear them in his everyday life !
  

 On summer he love to wear vintage hawaiian shirts the most.


But in Winter, he enjoy his impressive 40's-50's ties collection !!!


We also really love to travel together....


and it's much easier when you like the same things : food, clothes, museum, music...

I will not tell you that my husband is the perfect man... it will not be the truth. His biggest flaw is his lack of romance... but I think he's good enough to keep him :-)

JOYEUSE SAINT VALENTIN mon Sylvain !!!!


Do you share your love for vintage with your man ?
Do you have a romantic man ?

8 comments:

  1. This was a post so beautiful and romantic, you have a truly great man at your side in life.
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! How sweet! I always think you two look so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post about your husband!

    You asked if we share our love of vintage with our man. My answer is a most definate NO since he is not the least bit interested. In fact I sometimes think he figures I'm a little nuts!!! So you are very luck you share that with Sylvain.

    As for romantic, he has his moments, but not on Valentines day when he is *supposed* to be. But I'll keep him anyway ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post about your husband.I think it's great when couple love the same style of things.Love the photos.Hope you had a great Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow he's yummy, especially in a suit! You lucky girly! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your husband are so cute together!! Luckly, my husband enjoys vintage things with me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what sweet post! I've just found your blog and do I love it!?! :)

    sincerely,
    Sanne from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! It was a pleasure to meet you and your blog. I realized that love to travel, and if you two come to Brazil, be my guest!

    ReplyDelete