Wednesday, April 25, 2012

LOS ANGELES by night

I forgot to write a post about our crazy nights in L.A. during our american trip....

 
Our first evening there was really full. We started with a doo-wop concert with Lil' Mo and the Dynaflos.



What an amazing group and the singer is so talented and friendly!
Let's listen to one of their tunes, my Junita by the Crest:


It was a great begining thanks to Peter and Astra from Danemark!!!!


 
We also went to Chit Chat Club in Downtown L.A.
It's a swing club in an beautiful ART DECO building.
It was the engagement party of our friend Robert that we have not seen for 4 years. What a pleasure to meet his fiancée Ashley!!!


We also met at this club a lot of nice people that we met again during our stay even in Viva!


We also went to Cicada Club where we already were 4 years ago.  
 
 
 
 
It was really more crowdy this time: a big band, some crooners and lovely tip tap 40's style ladies... what else to ask?


The dress code of this place is really unique: evening outfits or vintage clothes only! It was a pleasure to look at all these elegant people in this ART DECO decor so well preserved!


We had the great pleasure to meet and chat with Keely Smith, Louis Prima's partner and wife! This evening was for her.


What a lovely lady!!!!
 

 
We shared this nice evening with some new friends.


So easy to eat at 3a.m. in the USA!!!! A lot of restaurants are opened 24/24, hard to believe for us european people....


We also spent a nice evening at our friends Ashley and Robert's home. What a lovely 30's-40's furnished appartement! What a nice GE refrigerator from the 30s! Even their garage was interesting...
 
 
 
We enjoyed a huge mexican diner!!!!

 
With all these full evenings and nights... and days of course, I was so tired when we had to take the road to Vegas that I felt ill... I slept 16 hours non-stop.... and was ready for VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!! To be continued....

Have you ever been to Chit Chat or Cicada Clubs in L.A.?


4 comments:

  1. Oh my, how much fun! I so wish I had known of all these places before my hubby and I took our honey moon in LA. We'll have to go back sometime :)

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated "Lost in the 50's" for a Liebster Blog award. You can see what I wrote here
    http://toft-toft.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to go through your trip pictures. Seems like you had a great time there and enjoyed a lot. I am going to attend my friend’s cocktail party at one of venues in San Francisco and very excited to meet all friends after a long time.

    ReplyDelete